Saturday, 23 February 2013

(Leftover) Bread Chips


I have never bought chips for my daughter. My parents didn`t buy for us too. We were told that `chips are not healthy` and my mum made as cakes, cookies every day. She would let us enjoy our time in the kitchen to help her. Sometimes I would buy small packets to taste with curiosity but it was once or twice a year, not more. As a grown up, now I know more about healthy foods. When I read what kind of additives are used in food we eat, I feel really desperate. I try to protect myself and my family as much as I can so I make our food myself. 

I know it is easy to protect my daughter for now. When she will be going to school she will see what other kids eat and ask me more questions. I want to give her one and only simple answer ` they are not healthy and i will make whatever you want  at home`. Chips are one of the challenges, I think. Some of my friends` kids eat them as  snack and they offer my daughter too. At first I wasn`t sure what to do when they offer. I kindly told my friends that I don`t want her to eat those chips because they have GMO, msg and other cancer causing additives. Little M tasted with the kids at that time, but now the other kids don`t eat chips when they are with us. And while shopping I always talk to my daughter, such as `we don`t buy these because they are not healthy for us, they make people ill, we will make you cakes, cookies, bread at home together.` 

I have a recipe of Bread Chips I make for my family which we love it. Offering healthy alternatives make everything easier. 

You will need : 
  • Bread (any kind of bread is fine)
  • Salt
  • 1 table spoon if olive oil
  • Spices and herbs ( I used black pepper, paprika, cumin)


1 - Preheat your oven at 180 degree.
2 - Slice the bread very thin. Place bread slices in a large mixing bowl. The one I used was homemade bread and has black seed and linseed. If you want you can add them with your spices.

3 - Add salt, olive oil, spices and herbs you want. Mix all of them.
4 - Place the slices in a single layer on your baking tray.
5 - Bake until golden brown (approx 15 minutes). 


You can eat bread chips as a snack or enjoy it with your lentil soup. We like both ways.

Bon appetit!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Pure Craft, AllRightsReserved.